Standard events are a collection of methods that allow for tracking specific in-app behaviours. It extends our custom tracking scheme and allows for more segmentation options.
Standard Events supports the following:
- User Login - Enables you to identify a user and register user sessions by tracking login and logout events.
- View History - By adding the item ID and, optionally, the category to the call, this method records this view events in the view collection within the current user profile.
- Favourites List - You can easily manage user favourites by easily adding, removing or clearing the list. The separate favlist is maintained per each user, including an anonymous user.
- Wish List - With methods for adding to wishlist, removing from wishlist and clearing the wishlist, you can easily track the main actions associated to wishlists. Currently only one wishlist per user is supported, including an anonymous user.
- Shopping Cart - Composed of adding, removing, clearing, checkout begin and checkout completed actions you can track the shopping cart lifecycle of a current user.
- Purchase History - Like the above, but this is focused on tracking purchases when a shopping cart isn’t implemented.
- Shared items - By adding the item ID and, optionally, the category to the call, this method tracks the share event in the user profile.
- Content Rating - By adding the item ID and, optionally, the category and the rating to the call, this method records the content rating event in the user profile.
The Standard Events API is part of the 2.7.0 MOCA SDK. Full Standard Event API description can be found here.