The MOCA console allows adding custom Apps into the MOCA environment. This enables the custom App to use the extent of the MOCA Platform for insights, analytics, geo-location, proximity marketing, push notifications to user segments and more.
How to add a custom App?
To add a custom app please enter into the MOCA console. Once logged in, click on the Apps button on the left bar and New App or Add App:
Once clicked, you will receive a prompt to add the following fields:
- Application name - Name of the app within the MOCA environment.
- Number of users - Approximate number of users that will be targeted.
- Category - Sector for which the App is designed.
- Production Status - You can select if you want a test environment or a production environment.
- Application Version - What version is the application added?
- Application Website URL - URL to the App.
- Application Icon URL - URL to gather an Icon that represents the App.
Once you have added this data, the system will generate an API Key and Secret. The Authentication required to use the MOCA APIs is OAuth 2.0. You can find the Key and Secret in Settings:
In the same settings pane you can also find Services. These manage the Push notification capability of MOCA. The supported services are APNS (Apple Push Notification Service) and GCM (Google Cloud Messaging). Please configure to your convenience.